Hello all I am new to this so I hope I am not asking something too silly. I am also a pretty new freelancer around a year...

I bought a second hand car for £1000 to a private individual for my daily trips to visit clients and possible clients, meetings... This car is barely use for personal use (5% maybe? really difficult to determine)

I travel pretty much few times a week to a same client, and therefore I am taking into account mileage expenses for this, as I normally do around 50 miles a day

I have just have to pass the mot and I got a fairly large bills on repairs too new tyres, break pads and disk...

1.- can I claim the purchase of the car? as it was an individual, just got a written note from him

2.- can I fully/partially include this as part of expenses, or is it included in the mileage calculation? and the mot?

thanks!! p.s 3.- I also seen some people claim interest in their mortgage? can I look somewhere into that? Every time I look at the government page, I end up opening tons of tabs and getting lost with the spread information...

  • 1
    Sounds as if you need to speak to an accountant. – Scott Sep 20 '19 at 21:23
  • The answer would depend on whether you are sole trader or incorporated, and therefore which legal entity owns the vehicle. – Chenmunka Dec 5 '19 at 13:51

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.