I am about to start a consulting project and do not yet have a registered business name. I am thinking of registering as a sole trader.

can I issue a invoices for my services or they can only be issued after i have completed registration with the HMRC ?

Your Answer


By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.