I'm a freelancer working with a US company. I want to move to the Netherlands, so I started looking for a job, but my client suggested another solution: to find an intermediary company in Netherlands that can hire me and outsource me back to my current client.

I earn enough on my current contract to qualify for Highly Skilled Migrant visa, the only problem I need a recognized sponsor in Netherlands to hire me.

I started searching for companies like this, but so far no luck: it seems that most outsourcing firms have only their own existing employees, and at least from looking at their sites, there's no mention of anything like this. So, is this a valid option? Are there companies that do this? And is it legal? Maybe there's some special term for this?

| improve this question | | | | |
  • Many things are done good or right. As a general rule, when it is too easy to be good or you find clients giving you free advice, better look somewhere else. – Avram Cosmin Feb 15 '18 at 15:33
  • @AvramCosmin, I eventually reached the same conclusion. Better to look for traditional employment. – Lakret Feb 16 '18 at 16:56
  1. If you where hired and rented back to your original client, you would no longer be a freelancer, but a paid employee, so this could belong into workplace.

  2. The company hiring you will want some compensation for their Indetermination, also taxes and social security will probably be deducted so don´t expect to get the same kind of money you are currently getting. Try an income calculator to get a feel for it. Expect your employer to want some 30% profit share (+/- depending how complicated the deal my be)

  3. Under the circumstances in (2), any Company offering paid development work should be happy to hire you, as it seems you are bringing in a customer who will fully cover the expenses.

| improve this answer | | | | |
  • Why the downvote? – Daniel Feb 15 '18 at 8:30

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.