A transport company in Brazil are providing me services for transport within the EU. I am based on the EU will I have to pay VAT when invoiced?

  • It depends on many factors. Do you represent a legal entity or are you an individual? Is the Brazilian company operating legally in the EU? How do they pay taxes? How do they operate? You need to provide more details. Feb 15 '18 at 15:20

Probably yes. When in doubt, you are probably responsible for registering for VAT. Ask you tax adviser or local financial authorities for details.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.