I am a freelancer for web-development and I have currently 3 customer but no own homepage.
I want to create a blog in english. The main reasons for that are given in this short talk.
Secondly, I would like to create a page where my customer can log in and use a ticket system and where I can advertise myself.
Now, since I am from Germany I am thinking about using a domain like my-name.de which contains my blog and my business like this:
I only want to offer my blog in English to prevent writing each post twice. Thus if blog and business would share the same domain together, I would do everything in English. Here is what I don't like about the idea:
- I would use a .de domain for English content only.
- If I want to write something about me in German too, but provide my Blog only in English language, then my site is inconsistent.
On the other hand, I could separate blog (myBlog.com) and business (my-name.de).
This would have the advantages that
- Blog would be only in English (.com domain)
- My business would be only in German (.de domain)
but it has the disadvantages that:
- I would need two buy separate domains and SSL certificates
- I would need somehow two distinct logos for the pages
- I would need to invent some random blog name
I am just not sure which way to go. Also, the blog would be for other developer, so I am not sure if this would make sense because my 3 customers so far have no developing-background at all.
Any recommendations which way is the best to go here? Or should I maybe create a blog & business domain in English like that: my-name.com ?