If I am based in the united States and outsourcing a software application development work to a individual in India. Do I need a import license or does he need to have a export license for me to be able to use and sell that software application which he has developed for me?

  • No, you do not.
    – user4521
    Mar 3, 2017 at 8:53

1 Answer 1


If you or he needs a license then there are thousands of unlicensed projects out there. I highly doubt it and if you do require a license, I expect all the freelancer sites would have some sort of revenue angle to promote the necessity for a license if one were in fact needed.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.