I have been a web developer for quite a few years now, all my clients being acquaintances or similar. I now have a more formal client that I have recently created a website for. They are interested in a maintenance contract and would like me to create a service level agreement for them.
I am confident that I will be able to create an SLA, I have downloaded various templates that I can tweak to suit my business and their needs. I am planning to offer clients the chance to buy 'credits' at a set amount per credit. Once their credits run out, they can purchase.
They have asked me the following questions, which I'd like some help with if at all possible;
- How would the support usage be measured?
- How would email support be measured?
- What kind of response times would we have?
- Are there holiday exceptions where support would not be available?
My initial answers to the questions would be;
- I will provide an estimate of credit usage before commencing any work
- Free email support if response is under 15 minutes
- A 3 day business response time. Resolution times will vary
- Support will not be available when I am on annual leave (1 week per year)
Do these sound like reasonable answers?
The email question has me particularly stuck. Sometimes I will receive an email that I can quickly respond to and takes no more than 2 - 3 minutes for a reply. However other email queries rely on me sending instructions and screenshots etc.
Bear in mind I do this work in my spare time as I also have a full time job.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.