I'm just curious what other forms you need to deal with in the United States (Oregon for me) besides 1099's as a freelancer (sole proprietor). Thanks

1 Answer 1


It depends on how your freelance is configured.

For a sole proprietor taxes customarily involve:

  • 1099s (If received, but not required)
  • 1040 (not 1040EZ)
  • schedule C (deductions/expenses)

And taxes are paid in quarterly payments based upon these forms.

There may be more forms required for an S-Corp or other formal organization formation (articles of organization, meeting minutes, etc).

An actual freelance business can be created in many different forms. Each will have it's unique requirements.

  • There's nothing EZ about filing taxes as a freelancer... heh Commented Aug 17, 2016 at 17:19

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.