A client wants me to work on their existing (half-baked) e-commerce solution for their family business. It is a Shopify application.
I have never used Shopify before but I have build apps using wordpress and I understand the concept.
How would you approach pricing the client? What would you base your pricing model on? Are there any metrics?
but I have not reached any conclusion.
Some additional information:
- I shall not be charging them to learn the concepts
- This is my first time setting a price for my services
- They do not want to be charged hourly
- I am thinking about charging them a rate for simple front-end changes per page, however I have no clue how to charge them when it is about implementing a new feature that is quite backend involved. (Also, different tasks may involve different amounts of effort. So should I charge a different rate for every new feature?)
- When would be acceptable to be paid? Immediately after the deliverable or after they agree upon the quality of the service?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.