I am French and have lived in the UK for the past 4 years. I have just left my job and my house to travel in Europe and Australia and have no fixed address in the UK. As a matter of fact, I don't know at this point if I will come back to the UK at all.

I am wondering if I can use any address in the UK (e.g. a friend's) to register as self-employed? Will it cause them any issues?

Thanks for your help!

1 Answer 1


Last time I was interested to work with an address in London (I am a French living in France) I found there are some companies which provide you a complete professional physical address even from abroad. It was not expensive and some could even forward your mail and give a phone number with an assistant. Even if it is simpler by using a friend I think It will be a more "professional" think and so you don't bother friends for that.

  • That's amazing, thank you. I'll start investigate that solution then.
    – Hermina
    Commented Nov 4, 2015 at 12:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.