I have logged into my Self Assessment Portal for HMRC but can't seem to find where to print off an SA302 from.

I have already spent 45 min on the phone to HMRC and they are sending me them out in the post, but I need them as soon as possible for a mortgage application.

Could someone point me in the right direction? I have Googled this a fair bit, but a lot of the guides online are for the old style layout of the site, and every time I go in it is in the new gov.uk beta format.

  • 2
    As I see it, I'm not sure if we should be a HMRC support channel on Freelancing StackExchange. It doesn't really make sense. It could be okay for help in the short term, but it should be discussed on meta.
    – Amelia
    May 11, 2015 at 14:42
  • I had no clue what HMRC even was until I Googled it. Explaining that it's a UK or European entity would go a long way :)
    – Scott
    May 11, 2015 at 19:22
  • @Scott I wrote the tag wiki for it in private beta, c'mon! (We originally had tags for most major tax entities as it was a very, very common point for questions. Tax is hard!)
    – Amelia
    May 11, 2015 at 20:25
  • @Amelia I always forget to hover over tags... :) Sorry.
    – Scott
    May 11, 2015 at 20:27

1 Answer 1


I don't think you can get one from HMRC's website. According to this website, you need to ask either your accountant (assuming you have one), or get on the phone to HMRC... like you have done.

Hope this helps!

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.