I would like to know why people would prefer to freelance than to work as an employee. I hope to get various answers. I don't think there would be a definitive answer to this question. PS: Again not sure which tag to use.
closed as primarily opinion-based by Chris Forrence, levelnis, Amelia Sep 30 '14 at 13:20
Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
There are various reasons. As a Freelancer what I think is:
- A Freelancer is free to work. He is not bound for certain working hours.
- He is free to accept or reject any work.
- He is free to choose his rates. (I think that usually freelancers charge less than any other employee)
- A freelancer can do various jobs at a time from his home or any other location. He is not bound to sit and work in office.
- A Freelancer is not bound to have a physical work location. He can take work just via telling his country name. (No need to disclose his complete address)