I would like to know why people would prefer to freelance than to work as an employee. I hope to get various answers. I don't think there would be a definitive answer to this question. PS: Again not sure which tag to use.
There are various reasons. As a Freelancer what I think is:
- A Freelancer is free to work. He is not bound for certain working hours.
- He is free to accept or reject any work.
- He is free to choose his rates. (I think that usually freelancers charge less than any other employee)
- A freelancer can do various jobs at a time from his home or any other location. He is not bound to sit and work in office.
- A Freelancer is not bound to have a physical work location. He can take work just via telling his country name. (No need to disclose his complete address)