How to collect final payments from users who run away after taking the product and paying only half?
What is a proven model or method to release product by parts and secure final part of the payments?
All of our past projects we have the following payment method regardless of the project type. We work on three types:- 1. web including websites 2. desktop based tools, softwares etc 3. others
- Collection of requirements via authorized emails
- One to one vidoe/audio chat
- Issue quotation & contract
- Advance payment (usually 1/3 of total quote) collection along signed contract
- Release payment acknowledgement papers with confirmed contract
- Send a video of full product OR present or send prototype with 1 main function without database connectivity for most web portal & desktop based applications - if a db is required for application
- User acceptance of prototype - collection of signed papers & 2nd portion of payment
- Demo the final product. Provide user guides. Functional Specs and other relevant files.
- Collection of final payment. Release full produtct. Collection of sign off papers.
- Give 1 week time to user to get back on any minor modifications : free of charge, but user has to fill up a form for modifications.
Most of the time certain remote clients have refused to pay the final payment, even after seeing the full product or accepting prototype. They want the full product before paying.
e.g. People purchase online just by looking at an image. There's no fuss when they make that payment and to receive the goods later. So why can't the same go for freelacing products specially after seeing the full product demo or a prototype?
If you can suggest a better payment collection, product release model then that would be great.