I have created an S-Corp for which I am the sole owner/employee. I understand, according to this article that as the owner of the S-Corp I cannot get health insurance tax-free, but if the insurance policy is set up by the S-Corp and paid by the S-Corp, I can still avoid paying FICA (Medicare tax), FUTA (unemployment tax), and Social Security.

How do I have my S-Corp sign up for health insurance? I tried going to healthcare.gov, but that would've signed me up, not my S-Corp. I tried going directly to Medica, but it says I have to be an authorized broker to sign up. I'm not sure what I have to do.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.