I have a static page where I describe expertise and services provided and sample work. Whenever I get approached by potential clients or recruiters I'm being asked for my CV/resume.
I tried to delete all my data on Linkedin to stop being approached by Linkedin recruiters looking to hire employees, middlemen and outsourcing companies with 4th-hand projects.
Even though I've deleted my Linkedin data, and indicate that all details are on the static page mentioned above, recruiters are still trying to view my Linkedin page and they keep asking me for my CV/resume.
I find it hard to communicate that I'm purely interested in providing services as a freelancer/contractor/consultant and not as an employee.
I have a few questions here:
- How can I stop getting these requests for my CV ?
- How do I communicate that the CV is not required as part of any process of me or my company working with a client ?
- Is there any point in providing the person with a CV ?
- Is it acceptable in terms of business to not provide a CV, and instead provide a detailed list of expertise and services provided ?
- Is a request for CV/resume indicative that the position is for an outsourcing company and not for a product company ?
P.S. One reason for me not wanting to provide my CV is that it's free advertising for my previous employers, on the other hand if I want to advertise myself I have to pay hundreds of dollars on Google ads, so the asymmetry is visible.